Its the beginning of the Summer. That doesn't sound like a good way to state "New Beginnings", so lets just say, its the start of the accounting year, and there is plenty of new things ahead of us, and we are starting to grow the team that, in the days to come will manage this awesome hub, and the activities around it - including the accelerator that kickstarts later this year.
We want to set a culture where we can be closely working with the entrepreneurs that we become fortunate to be a part of, and are looking for folks who can set apart a few years to groom themselves, and most of all solidly contribute in this environment.
We'll make it easier for you with a checklist:
- You are passionate about startups and the entrepreneurship space in India
- You have been in some way - even be it running the e-club in your college - been involved in the scene
- Most of our entrepreneurs are geniuses in their own way, and hardcore hackers. If you are a closet geek, and can code, talk technology, brilliant!
- Are you analytical and can - if required - talk with the companies, and give constructive criticism in their direction and where they are heading, with some solid suggestions?
- Are you an Entrepreneur? (lots of brownie points - every one of us involved so far are!)
- Strong background in Finances and Market Research
- The Holy Grail: Attention to detail
The Associate will be responsible for:
- Building on the Community and Hub Efforts of the Startup Centre
- Organizing events - those hosted by The Startup Centre
- Researching topics, connecting with the successful entrepreneurs in the region and bringing them to become part of the hub
- Researching tools and social media efforts by various groups, and sharing with the community things that they can benefit from - be it news, tools, or information
- Take ownership of the functioning of The Startup Centre - in terms of operations and facilitate the residents and Accelerator Companies as they grow
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to foster communication and cooperation among diverse individuals online and offline
- Hands on experience with light weight tools such as Wikis, mailing lists, Social Media etc.
- Several years of management experience in flat, matrix, or loosely coupled organizations
If you are curious as to how The Startup Centre looks like: